Monday 20 August 2012

Oh goody, I'm being a bit typeactive again.

First of all:
Happy Eid Mubarak 1433 H!

I'm in a really good fanfiction writing mood, but somehow I choose to write on this blog. That's a bit weird, but probably happen because the things that I want write. Now, to the point. So, yesterday, my uncles visited my house and doing their small-but-routine interview to me. One of the question is 'Where are you going to school?' 'psychology ugm' said I proudly. And then they started asking me, why did I choose this major, how many credit that I have to take, what am I going to do after I finish my school and everything else that got me thinking about my future, especially about my next few years. I'm going away in less than 72 hours and I still don't have any idea about anything (well, technically I have few ideas but nevermind that).

That is one of the thing that have been hovering above my head, but there is one other thing, the most frightening thing about this whole matters, Am I going to enjoy doing it? This is not the first time I experienced this phase, the last one end up badly and make me quit. That's not a very good thing and I certainly do not want it to happen again. I asked myself reason why I failed last year, and there's 2 thing that immediately popped out:

  1. The major is not really the major that I want.
  2. I have this goddamn lazy bone in my arse.

So there I have it, two unbelievably silly reasons why I quit (okay not really that simple, but well, something like that). And other questions follow the reasons above like a river. Is this really the major that I want? Will I stop being an idiot and focus on my education rather than my abnormal obsession toward filming industry? Can I finish my school with great GPA? yadda, yadda, yadda.

That questions led me to this fine morning. After a long and lazy morning, I decide to do a little research of what I'm going to do (at least) until next year. I sat on the computer
(not my laptop, which means I'm pretty serious with this. One point for my pure intention please!) and start finding useful things. My academic calender (I'm going to post it at the end of the post), list of the credits, the organisation/UKM/BKM that I want to join, site that probably be my favourite journal search engine or this one, TransJogja Route, and a couple of important site.

Anyway, that's not really important. The only thing that I want to highlight is this pure joy that I feel while searching for the information. Like when I opened the list of the credit and read it. It says psychology! My stomach flooded with excitement and that makes my heart beats faster. Almost like the feeling I have when I start reading good fanfics. I take this as a good sign, because I distinctly remember my feeling when I was doing this kind of thing last year. No excitement, no proud feeling, actually, I have no feeling at all.

Actually I want write more rants about this, but apparently I have to go and start packing my things. *Sigh* I really hate packing my stuff! Huff, doesn't matter. Off I go.

cheerio,
gita---





academic calender

No comments:

Post a Comment